The application of PTFE coated fiberglass fabric is usually a combination of its own superior performance, its performance includes:
1. Non-stickiness: The surface of the coated glass fiber fabric has very low surface tension, so it shows strong non-stickiness. Very few solid substances can permanently stick to the coating. Although the gelatinous substance may adhere to its surface to some extent, most materials are easy to clean on its surface.
2. Low coefficient of friction: PTFE has the lowest coefficient of friction among all solid materials, and its range is about 0.05~0.2, depending on the surface pressure, sliding speed and what coating is used.
3. Non-wetting: The surface of the coated glass fiber fabric has strong hydrophobic and oleophobic properties, so it is easier to clean thoroughly.
4. Very high surface resistance. After special formula or industrial treatment, it can even have certain conductivity and can be used as antistatic coating.
5. High temperature resistance: The PTFE coated fiberglass fabric has strong high temperature resistance and fire resistance. This is because PTFE has a high melting point and spontaneous ignition point, as well as extremely low thermal conductivity. The working temperature of PTFE-coated glass fiber fabric can reach up to 290℃, and the intermittent working temperature can even reach 315℃.
6. Chemical resistance: Generally, PTFE is not affected by the chemical environment.
7. Low temperature stability: Many PTFE coated fiberglass fabrics can withstand the harsh absolute zero without losing mechanical properties.